vintage Ann Taylor blazer, Gap waffle knit sweater, Old Navy shorts (similar), Target shoes, Louis Vuitton speedy 30 bag, H&M necklace, gold anklet from India
Let’s keep this short, pun intended. I love rocking shorts but being in SF, unless you’re ballsy and can brave the cold weather which I can’t, shorts just pile up in the dark corners of my closet. However; perfectly and magically with the welcome to summer, my shorts and legs finally get to see some sunlight! We were encouraged to wear our shorts to work so hey, don’t mind if I do. Especially with the weather being absolutely amazing… if only for two days.
Thought I’d share a few tips on
HOW TO WEAR SHORTS TO WORK:
– STILL DRESS LIKE YOU’RE GOING TO WORK. Rocking a blazer or good silk blouse with shorts are always a win!
– CONSERVE YOUR TOP HALF – Keep the focus on one body part at a time. In this case, it’ll be your lovely legs.
– WEAR APPROPRIATE SHORTS – In a conservative place, shorts are already walking a fine line so opt for shorts that don’t cling too much on your derriere. Denim can work sometimes, but if you’re not sure, sticking to dress shorts is a safe bet.
– WEAR THOSE DENIM, BOOTY CUT OFFS – Please.Don’t wear any type of booty shorts to work in general!
– OVERLY SEX IT UP – You’re already strutting those sexy legs so it’s not necessary to wear a strapless top or a low cut shirt. Remember that you’re at work not dressing for a night out.
(If you must, cause you’re heading to Happy Hour or dinner after: keep it classy by covering up with a blazer or cardigan and de-clothe after work)
– BEND AND SNAP (Legally Blonde reference. If you don’t know, watch: here) – I know, I know.. It’s hard to resist when you accidently drop a pen but best to keep your bum in your shorts during work hours. Unless you’re trying to snag that hot coworker, that’s all on you.
This may be new for you or this may be all things you may already know. If so, take it as a good reminder. Either way, keep it short and sweet!