Literally, a super easy recipe and basically as mentioned… Chocolate, Oatmeal, and Bananas!
I love making banana oatmeal cookies because it’s a good, clean eat. Simple and it’s a no bake. Normally I don’t add chocolate but I saw this recipe via OhSheGlows and thought it was a great frozen snack that’s vegan, and gluten-free. It’s a great alternative when you’re craving something sweet.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (found some at Whole Foods)
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for about 60 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir so the rest of the chips melt. (TIP: Microwave in increments of 10-12 seconds, take out and stir to prevent burning the chocolate)
- Chop the bananas and mash it into the melted chocolate chips with a fork.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients into the chocolate and banana until all oats are coated with chocolate.
- Line a plate or cookie tray with parchment and form size of cookies to your desire.
- Freeze for about 1 hour or until firm. Cookies will firm up, but they won’t become solid and will remain chewy
Best serve cold because it is banana so when left at room temperature, the cookies will get a bit “mushy”. I recommend to keep these in the freezer until you want to eat them : )This picture DEFINITELY doesn’t do this justice but when you’re quickly “baking” this so late into the night, something’s got to give right? Anyways, hope you enjoy!